UF RESIN (UREA-FORMALDEHYDE RESIN)
- Urea–formaldehyde (UF) resins are the most important type of adhesive resins for the production of wood based panels.
- Many different applications such as adhesives, plywood, particle board, medium-density fibreboard (MDF)
- Capable of most assembly gluing, face and edge gluing, laminating and veneering
- High bonding quality combined with fast curing
- Wide selection of UF adhesives to be combined with mix-ins or separate hardeners
- High reactivity and good performance in the production and by their low price
- Urea resin adhesives are available as either liquid resins with powder catalysts, or as pre-formulated, pre-catalysed powders. Both will produce similar glue line characteristics (between 57% and 62% concentration): strong, rigid, thermoset
- UF resin is seen as an economic product, budget friendly with its characteristics that are considered lower than MUF (Melamine Urea Formaldehyde) and PUF (Phenolic Urea Formaldehyde), where UF resin might be affected by its environment
- Transparent colour
- Support in medium water resistant UF resin, available on request
- Support in medium heat resistant UF resin, available on request
- However, they lack in water resistance of the hardened resin owing to the reversibility of the amino methylene link and hence the susceptibility to hydrolysis. This need can be overcome by introducing other components like melamine to the UF resin molecules. The former problem of subsequent formaldehyde emission can be considered as solved owing to the decrease of the content of formaldehyde in the resins during the last two decades. Modern laboratory test methods enable a deep insight into the chemical structure and the gelling and hardening behaviour of the resins.
Brochure Explore Our Range of Wood Finishes with Our
Comprehensive Brochure Download Now